There are numerous finishes for one-coat mortars, however, the scraped finish, also called guilloche engraving, is the most commonly used finish for façade coatings, perhaps because it looks very like the traditional painted rendering.
For a highly decorative scraped finish that is impermeable to rain water and permeable to water vapor, and available in a wide variety of colour, use: REVAT® RASPADO or REVAT® SUPRA.
PREPARING THE SUPPORT
The substrate must be perfectly set, resistant and free from dust and grease.
Remove degraded or damaged parts.
In hot weather or very absorbent supports, it is advisable to moisten it in advance.
Colocar malla de fibra de vidrio REVAT® 110 donde confluyan soportes diferentes (pilares, forjados, dinteles…)
On smooth or non-absorbent concrete supports, the application of PROPAM® FIX as a bridge.
After manually or mechanically kneading the monolayer mortar, using the same proportion of water between kneading, allow the pasta to stand for about 5 minutes.
Extend the paste on the support with trowel or with a projection machine.
Regularize the desired thickness and after 2 to 5 hours, depending on the support and the ambient conditions, we can start the scraped finish. In the case of working with substrates of very different water absorption it is preferable to apply a first layer of about 5 mm as a primer.
The minimum thickness is given by the thickness of the jaws and is 10 mm, with an average thickness of 12 mm being recommended.
After the indicated time scrape the surface with a trowel, being the optimum moment when there is no material stuck between the tines. To avoid changes in tone or texture it is advisable to perform the scraping in the same direction and over the entire surface available to finish. Finally, after a few days the remains of surplus material are brushed.
- Los soportes habituales de aplicación son: ladrillo cerámico, termoarcilla, bloque de hormigón, enfoscados de cemento y hormigón.
- No aplicar con insolación directa o fuerte viento.
- No aplicar con riesgo de lluvias o heladas.
- Aplicar entre +5ºC y 35ºC de temperatura.
- No aplicar en zonas sumergidas en agua.
- No aplicar en superficies con un ángulo inferior al 10%.
- Proteger las partes bajas de los edificios mediante zócalos.
- Durante la aplicación proteger las zonas expuestas bajo la acción de la lluvia.