With time, façade coatings deteriorate and need to be renewed. The solution lies in using REVAT® PLAS, an acrylic mortar that is impermeable to rain water, breathable, and which adheres excellently to the substrate and is very resistant to weather conditions, and is also available in a wide range of colours and textures.
PREPARING THE SUPPORT
The substrate must be perfectly set, resistant and free from dust and grease. Remove degraded or damaged parts.
On an old coating, the good condition of the grid and the perfect adhesion of the grid to the base support must be ensured by means of the grid test (*) or with a spatula.
*) The test of the grid (for smooth paints) consists of making cuts in the old paint, forming squares of approximately 2×2 mm on a surface of 10×10 cm. The paint is considered well adhered to the base support if 80% of the squares remain well adhered, without detaching. If not, it should be completely deleted.
To achieve a better unification of the final color it is advisable to apply a first coat of REVAT® FILM of the same color.
FINISHED BY ARID SIZE
- REVAT® PLAS ULTRA FINO (ultrafine fractionation and drop).
- REVAT® PLAS NORMAL (normal fractionation and gout).
- REVAT® PLAS GRUESO (rustic fratasado, lined and drop).
APPLICATION AND FINISHED PROJECT(drop)
Apply the material on the support surface with a gun; depending on the desired finish we will use the different nozzle diameters available.
APPLICATION AND FINISHING FRATASADO
After 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the environmental conditions, we can obtain a faint finish, pressing the surface slightly and making circular movements, always in the same direction.
IRON APPLICATION AND FINISH
After projecting REVAT® PLAS, wait between 20 and 30 minutes, depending on the ambient conditions and then proceed to smooth with a flat trowel on the coated surface, until a crushing of the same.
APPLICATION AND STRIPED FINISH
Once the product has been applied with plastic trowel or steel, successive passes are made vertically until a scratched effect is achieved.
- Shake the container mechanically.
- Apply the material on the support with trowel or with a gun depending on the desired finish.
- When applied by gun, if necessary, add up to a maximum of 1 liter of water per 20 kg container.
- Use painter’s tape to make the joints work.
- Apply on vertical surfaces or with an inclination of not less than 45ºC.
- Do not apply on horizontal surfaces.
- During application, protect exposed areas from rain.
- For the ultrafine finish it is necessary to have a very good planimetry of the support.