Using find mortars based on limestone, selected aggregate, synthetic resins and different admixtures provides highly decorative finishes, both indoors and outdoors, which imitate the traditional coatings with limestone stucco.
Use REVAT® CAL ESTUCO to obtain a fine limestone stucco with floated finish. Use REVAT® CAL FINO to obtain a fine limestone stucco, matt or glossy finish.
PREPARING THE SUPPORT
To obtain a regular, consistent and impermeable surface, render the support beforehand with REVAT® CAL ENFOSCADO. This product can be applied manually using a trowel, or with a projecting machine.
APPLICATION AND FINISHING REVAT® CAL ESTUCO
Mix REVAT® CAL ESTUCO manually or mechanically with the indicated amount of water, and form an even paste, smooth to the touch. Respect the mixing water to prevent changes in colour tone.
With a trowel, spread the paste over the set and hardened support of REVAT® CAL ENFOSCADO, between 2 and 4 mm thick. The work joints can be limited with adhesive painting tape.
The final finish is obtained by gently floating the surface with a fine sponge trowel.
SURFACE PREPARATION FOR FINISHING REVAT® CAL FINO
Spread over the REVAT® CAL ENFOSCADO set and hardened support, a layer about 3 mm thick of REVAT® CAL ESTUCO, float and leave to dry.
APPLICATION AND FINISHING REVAT® CAL FINO
Mix REVAT® CAL FINO with the necessary amount of water to obtain a smooth, even paste.
Spread over the dry surface of REVAT® CAL ESTUCO a layer about 1 mm thick of REVAT® CAL FINO approximately, smoothing it with a stainless steel trowel.
- Matte finish: a single pass with the trowel without making any revisions.
- Gloss finish: smooth and polish with the trowel until the gloss appears.
- In walls where adherence is difficult, use the REVAT® CAL FONDO primer before applying REVAT® CAL ENFOSCADO.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or strong winds.
- Do not apply if there is a risk of rain or freezing temperatures.
- Apply at a temperature of between +5ºC and +35ºC.
- Do not apply to areas immersed in water.
- Protect the lower parts of buildings with base plates.
- During application, protect the areas exposed by rain.
- In outdoor applications it is advisable to protect using REVAT® PROTEC ORG.