Recently parquet floors have become a common decorative element, both in homes, industrial premises and supermarkets. To obtain quality finishes, with this type of light pavement, and with any other (carpet, PVC, rubber, etc.), it is necessary to provide a substrate that is dry, flat, level and clean.
The solution lies in using NIVELANTE 10, that is, a self-levelling mortar with excellent levelling capacity and quick hardening properties, which allows repairing and smoothing indoor surfaces of concrete, mortar and the like, before installing this type of coatings.
- PROPAM DUR
- NIVELANTE 10
- PROPAM® PRIMER SOL
- PROPAM® GRIP +
- PROPAM® REPAR TECHNO
- PROPAM® REPAR 40
- PROPAM® REPAR 5
PREPARING THE SUPPORT
Check the condition of the support; it must be completely set and clean of dust, paint, oils, etc.
Check any smoothness differences. The maximum application thickness will be 10 mm per layer.
Repair all the gaps and deteriorated areas with the same levelling mortar NIVELANTE 10, or with PROPAM® REPAR 5, PROPAM® REPAR 40 or PROPAM® REPAR TECHNO if the support is concrete. Prepare the bracket with a primer prior to the application of NIVELANTE 10:
- Porous media: PROPAM® PRIMER SOL.
- Non-porous media: PROPAM® GRIP.
Respect of expansion and contractation joints.
Mix NIVELANTE 10 with a slow electric mixer (500 rpm), leave to stand for 2 minutes and mix again so that the paste is ready to be used.
Pour NIVELANTE 10 on to the support and spread with a trowel to make levelling easier. Use a wire brushes to deaerate the mixture and facilitate the levelling.
If applying a second layer, this must be applied as soon as the first layer can be walked on (approx 4 hours). The thickness of each layer may not exceed 10 mm).
To coa with wooden, PVC or paint, wait a minimum of 48 hours.
- Do not apply on floors with permanent humidity, or which are likely to produce humidity due to capillary action.
- Apply at a temperature of between +5ºC and +35ºC.
- If applying a second layer, the first one must not be allowed to dry completely, otherwise, a primer layer will be necessary using PROPAM® PRIMER SOL.
- It is advisable to use PROPAM® DUR as a surface hardener for old mortars and concretes, before applying the product, and waiting 12 hours for it to dry.
- Respect the mixing water and prepare the correct product mixture, without adding too much air.
- On supports with underfloor heating, switch off the heating 24 hours before applying the product.
- Do not apply outdoor, or on industrial floors.
- On no porous supports applying PROPAM® GRIP like primer layer.
- For levelling with underfloor heating, use NIVELANTE 80.